Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ola from Madrid!




We have made it to Madrid! This first leg of the journey was very long, but went rather smoothly. We left the Oliver’s house at 0530 to catch a bus to Seattle. The bus broke down as soon as we crossed the border :) This wasn’t as bad as the bus breaking down in the middle of the Mexican desert though! So we got cozy and waited. Now, I have to send out a huge thank you to B’ner for the travel pillow!! Its awesome!! I just fluffed that thing up and slept while a new bus came to get us- then I slept with it at airports and then on the planes- its the BEST! 

Our flight to Frankfurt on Lufthansa was very nice. We got to choose from 12 movies to watch- however about 4 hours from landing I was pretty sure I was getting a pressure sore and was incredibly uncomfortable...Steve managed to sleep. We sat in Frankfurt for 3 hours and then were on our connection to Madrid. We think we saw the Pyrenees out the plane window. At this point we were both so tired we could hardly stay awake. Couldn’t tell if we were hungry, motion sick, tired, or all of the above. We landed in Madrid, found the metro, and took the underground to the city center. Our first sight of Madrid was coming up from the underground metro and on to a city street lined with beautiful stone buildings and very narrow streets. It is warm and humid here. It took us a few minutes to find the street signs which are on the corner buildings and not on street poles. We found our hostal with no problems. Its in a stone building and has big windows that swing open- they are like princess windows. The hostal is like an apartment with five private rooms, a living room, and two bathrooms- oh and a fridge :) We think we are the only ones here at the moment. We walked to the supermarket and bought some yogurt, juice, muffins, and apples. 

Going to bed now...

1 comment:

  1. Hello you two world travellers!!! So bj you were the only person I could think of today who I wanted to tell an awesome story to! Was waiting for Brenden and Amanda to phone this morning to tell me what they had for a baby (girl). Phone rang around 12 and i thought it was B. Unavailable name and number. Caller says can i please speak to (me). I said "what did you have" caller says pardon me? I though B was screwing around with me so I told the caller to "quit fuckin around and just tell me what you had" Caller says can I please speak to (me) and i said "seriously what is it a boy or a girl" Caller asks to speak to me again. This is right about the time I clue in that its not B!!!! So I said "Just a minute I'll get her!!!!" Turns out it was BELL ExpressVu!!! HAHAHAHAHA OOOOPS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete